Thursday 22 April 2010

Nasty Comedians Blog.

Nasty Comedians.
When I read that we would be covering 'bad comedians' my instant thought was 'Roy "Chubby" Brown'. My heart sank as I pictured sitting in a huge lecture room having to watch clips of his so called 'humour'. I had the unfortunate experience of once going to see him live. It was on a family holiday and my step mum who loves the 'comedian' wanted to see him. I think I endured about ten minutes before walking out accompanied by my dad. I thought he was simply obnoxious. I'm not stuck up or uptight, I just do not see what is funny about a sweaty, obese man walking up and down a stage dressed like a jester on e's, swearing and shouting racist, sexist and just about any other 'ist' "jokes" you can think of. It was not an enjoyable experience. (Just incase you haven't experienced him; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj43fgBrbQY but be warned, he's vile! Don't bother if you're just about anybody and offend easily) Pauls lecture however differed to my expectations. It showed me how jokes and stereotypes are inground into all cultures, and was topped off with a great clip from Chris Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment